Friday, August 6, 2010

I Feel Your Pain!

So, I'm on a fast learning curve, realizing how very good it is for me to be on this side of things ... as the Bride rather than simply the Planner! I thought I remembered much of what it was like to be a bride, but the truth is that I had forgotten some of the emotions and stress that come as a natural part of the planning process. Wow! I'm embarrassed to say that, a couple of weeks into it, I've already shed some tears.... the stress of planning a wedding while working full-time is challenging, isn't it? Not to mention trying to find that perfect venue and realizing what a "challenging" budget you have to work with. Creativity and thinking outside of the box become the name of the game.



Still working on finding just the right venue. We saw a beautiful, rustic barn, but are unsure since the size of the barn would mean a ceremony in a different location. Other barn possibilities have come and gone. Still more ideas are coming in.

In the meantime, another possibility emerged ... an amazing venue (with an owner I love!) that is nothing even close to resembling a barn. The idea of trumpeters emerging from turreted balconies flanking either side of the gorgeous fireplace as I enter the ceremony is ... well, rather tantalizing, to say the least!

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

In the meantime I have two of your weddings to help make magical this weekend ... I so love what I do!!

Boy oh boy am I wishing I had a Wedding Planner for myself...

1 comment:

Garden Path Flowers said...

Becky, Just try to find a WARM barn! My barn is sometimes my least favorite place to be when it's cold out. Marsha

Photo by Deyla Huss Photography