Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Got the Gown!

Yesterday I took one of my sisters & my sister-in-law with me to go gown-shopping. (And just to clear up any confusion, this is not a picture of me, nor is this a picture of my dress ... my dress remains a secret until "the big reveal" on my wedding day!)

There was no hesitation in my mind where I would go to find a dress ... my one and only stop for a dress was The Bridal Gallery in Salem. Angie, owner of The Bridal Gallery, is absolutely FAN-TABULOUS! I love referring my clients to her, so it was a no-brainer to schedule an appointment with her myself for my own gown.

Angie is very patient, very knowledgeable and very honest ... and that honest part is a definite "must" for anyone helping you find that perfect dress. I walked in there knowing 100%, hands-down for sure that I didn't want a strapless dress ... and yet the one I fell head-over-heels in love with ... was strapless. Go figure!

I deferred many times to Angie's expertise in knowing which dresses fit not only my body type, but also my personality and my vision for my wedding. Funny thing is that my bridesmaids (minus one sister in Idaho!) and I had agreed on a dress that was very beautiful, one that I really liked after trying on several others. But Angie insisted on having me do one final walk-through in the store because, as she said, my smile didn't "light up" when I had that dress on. So one final walk-through, one final dress I hadn't noticed the first time through, and voila! My smile lit up in that dress!

When you're shopping for your perfect gown, don't leave the store with one unless your smile comes alive ...

And give Angie a call. You'll be so glad you did!

And for those of you who love the idea of a Trash the Dress photo shoot but don't love the idea of trashing your own dress, Angie now rents dresses just for that purpose!

No comments:

Photo by Deyla Huss Photography