Monday, August 23, 2010

Cake-sultation!

In the last two weeks there have been a whirlwind of decisions made in our wedding-planning process. Venues? ... Check! Guest list? ... Check! (And that, my friends, is not an easy one!) Invitations? ... Check! Wedding website? Although still a work in progress, Check!


But by far one of the most fun decisions in the past week has been the cake. Truthfully, I had no idea what I wanted. The flavors were the easy part for Michael & I ... after all, we're working with Renae of Custom Cakes and all of her flavors are SO GOOD! How can they not be when every single thing she makes is made from scratch? Want a blackberry mousse filling? You'll find Renae down in her own blackberry thicket picking the berries. Want a hazelnut filling? You'll see her picking the hazelnuts, shelling them, and going to town with her tried and true recipes.

Want a flavor she's never tried before? No problem! In the past she's customized a Green Tea cake for one of my brides, and for our wedding she's customizing the one flavor Michael has always wanted for one of our tiers.

No, my friends, my dilemma was not the flavors; it was the design. I have been so busy with everyone else's weddings that I haven't had time to give thought to the details of my own.

Until I saw a picture of "the one" ... and fell in love!

I can already see it in my mind, standing tall and gorgeous on the ornate, tarnished silver cake stand Renae is letting me use.

While the cake pictured here isn't "the one", it is one of Renae's cakes.

I think you should call her and let her help you find "the one" for you!

No comments:

Photo by Deyla Huss Photography